Monday, March 13, 2023

Runnemede-Bridgeton-Runnemede randonneur ride 3.12.23

I rode a RUSA randonneur permanent route yesterday to get my monthly 100k+ ride in for the (27th straight) month. I picked a day with the forecast showing low winds (4-6 mph), which helped, as this route goes thru a lot of open farm country on NJ 77. Wind-chills were about 25F to start, but rose to close to 40F. Not bad.

One plus about riding solo, I can stop to take pictures whenever I want, so I do.

A couple miles into the ride, I realized I left my Clif bar in the glove box of my RAV. Riding solo, and without a good lock to use while I went inside a Wawa or some such, when I a saw sleepy little convenience store with just one car pulling away, I thought that would be a safe place to leave my bike unattended and pop in for some sustenance. A good excuse to buy a Reese's, I reasoned.

Saw about 20 turkeys together in a field, with a few of them showing their tail-feathers in all their glory. Must be mating season.

Had a yappie dog hanging out a car's back window yapping at me as I was going by close, negotiating a tricky traffic spot of bad road surface. I yelled at him, Shaddup! Just shaddup! The cur yapped even faster, but at least I stuck up for myself.

Had to pop 200mg of ibuprofen when my left knee started protesting, but it was enough to get me thru.
A good day on the bike.

Map, route profile and pics here:

Runnemede-Bridgeton-Runnemede - A bike ride in Runnemede, NJ (ridewithgps.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment